Read below for seven pillars for dating authentically:
- Know who you are and what you’re looking for. Identify your non-negotiables and deal breakers.
- Be in acceptance of the past, take ownership of it, and then leave it there. Be aware of cycles that keep repeating themselves so you can free yourself of them in your current love life.
- Get comfortable being unattached to the outcome. Those who believe their person is coming exert patience and grace while going through the dating process and aren’t fixated on what it looks like (i.e., on the person right in front of them).
- Be okay with him not being interested. Just like you can not be interested in him. Rejection usually has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- No more dimming your light, or forgetting your values or boundaries in order to get validated because you really like someone. Because you think they are perfect for you even though you haven’t had the time to get to know them, and for them to show you that, consistently.
- Be discerning and notice flags, and speak up and have the hard conversations when something needs to be addressed or clarified or flushed out, in order to honor yourself.
- Remember that they either accept all of you or they don’t. No exceptions. And be comfortable with the discomfort of that.
Having the courage to show up as all of yourself, in all the moments, even when you don’t know how it’s going to land, and even when you’re scared and don’t know how they are going to react, nor what the outcome will be, is how to date authentically.
If you want more specifics of how to do any or all of the above, sign up for a consult call to coach with me one-on-one and we’ll get started!
Let’s get you into your most true and beautiful relationship as soon as possible!